Art initiative id11
Art initiative id11 organizes Artist-in-Residence projects in temporarily available spaces such as vacant shops, office spaces or apartment buildings to be demolished or renovated. From June 15th till August 15th , id11 invites 8 professional artists from the CreArt network to create site-specific artwork for the Car Art festival in Delft, The Netherlands. The selected artists will be able to start working at June 15th and work towards the deadline of the Car Art festival at the location of the old glue factory Lijm & Cultuur. Preference is given to works with a wide variety of media and diversity of approaches.
Delft is a city and municipality in the province of South Holland (Zuid-Holland), The Netherlands. It is located between Rotterdam and The Hague. Delft is primarily known for its typically Dutch town centre (with canals); also for the painter Vermeer, Delft Blue pottery (Delftware), the Delft University of Technology, and its association with the Dutch royal family, the House of Orange-Nassau.
2 months June 15th till August 15th 2014.
Organized by the host
• id11 will assist the artist to get familiar with the city of Delft, her cultural institutions and useful places and provide the artist with a weekly agenda of art related activities in Delft, as well as in the neighbour cities of Rotterdam and The Hague.
• id11 will organize a tour to The Hague and Rotterdam and introduce the artists to the art scene of these two neighbour cities of Delft and connect the Artist-in-Residence with the Artist-in-Residence activities in Rotterdam and The Hague.
• id11 will provide during the whole working period a curator interacting with the artists about their work.
• id11 will organize every week an artist talk for all 8 participating artists and also an informal gathering (art café) where the Artist-in-Residence can meet and mingle with local artists from Delft.
• id11 will organize during the last week/weekend of the artist-in-residence a final public presentation of the site-specific artworks created during the residency as part of the Car Art festival.
• id11 asks the artists to be committed, during the whole working period, to keep the working space open for the public during day time, to see the work in progress.
• the participating artist have the possibility to install or present existing work during the whole residence period in a separate space at the glue factory Lijm & Cultuur.
Paid by host
• Travel expenses, reimbursed the travel cost till a certain amount.
• Studio fee at the glue factory Lijm & Cultuur.
• Living accommodation.
• Working budget of € 500,- euro a month based on actual costs and cars are available on request.
• A catalogue of the project will be published.
In 2014 id11 will cooperate again with the Car Art festival and therefore the studio space will be realised at the festival area at the old glue factory Lijm & Cultuur (www.lijmencultuur.com). The residence program takes two months (June 15 till August 15 2014) and will be concluded with a presentation as a part of the Car Art festival. Participating artists will present their work during the artist talk and be in dialogue with the public. Other forms of public presentations can be discussed according to each guest’s interests.
HET TIJDELIJK VERBLIJF is the name of the living accommodation of the resident artist. In Delft id11 has no permanent living- or working spaces for accommodation or the realization of projects but responds to what is available, arises or comes up with a plan for a project. id11’s Artist-in-Residence program dependents on the availability of the temporary spaces. During the residence in 2014 id11 will provide housing in 8 caravans for the 8 participating artists at the work location at Lijm & Cultuur. There will be also a shared living space and kitchen available.
• CreArt is a collaboration between the 13 European cities: Arad/Romania, Kaunas/Lithuania, Genoa/Italy, Delft/Netherlands, Harghita County/Romania, Croatia, Valladolid/Spain, Aveiro/Portugal, Linz/Austria, Kristiansand/Norway, Lecce/Italy, Pardubice/Czech Republic and Vilnius/Lithuania.
• Only artists with a degree in a field of art (university level) from above mentioned cities can apply for the project. If the applicant does not have a university degree, proof of equivalent ability must be provided through his or her artistic career.
• Participating artists create ‘new’ site-specific artwork related to the Car Art festival. Car Art is a multidisciplinary festival, where cars, and car parts are in their most literal or abstracted forms the source of inspiration. (www.carartfestival.nl)
Are you interested?
Artists can apply by sending a project proposal together with recent documentation of their work. Please send the information mentioned on in one pdf document before April 22, 2014 by e-mail to email@example.com. The following information in one pdf document is required:
• A short version of your resume/CV (mention also name, surname, nationality, residential address, town, zip code, country, mobile phone, e-mail, website and education).
• Documentation of recent work related to the project (no more than 5 pictures).
• A short written project proposal (no more than one A4).
• ID or Passport (scanned copy).
Only applications with complete information will be accepted.
April 22th 2014
May 1st 2014